Saturday, July 4, 2009

HellOoOOoo from Malawiiii!!!

MULI BWANGI my friends!
Ok so I'm finally allowed to use the internet! And I officially have 17 minutes and 41 seconds left so I have to make this a quickie. Malawi is AMAAAZING. The people here are just so friendly, loving, funny, and all of the above. I really feel home here and surprisingly I'm not homesick. Coming to Malawi, I was expecting to be culture shocked immediately, but I don't feel entirely shocked yet. We live right next to a village called Mgwayi and we go there for home visits and teaching at a elementary school. Its so funny because right as we enter the village, we hear kids shouting AZUNGU AZUNGU! (which means white people) ahaha then we hear a storm of running footsteps and emerging from the grassy fields is a stampede of little African children with their hands open wide, reaching out to grab ours. I'm sitting here trying to describe how I feel every time I walk out there and I can't (probably because I keep checking how many minutes I have left online). It's overwhelming. This week alone has been so amazing. God is everywhere. I see it Him in my fellow interns, the national interns, and even in the snotty faces of the kids. I love it! There are so many stories I need to post on here, but it will take more than 6 minutes. So, I just wanted to tell you all that I'm alive and loving every single moment here! I hope you all are doing well in the states. I'm thinking of and praying for you all!

Love, Love, Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment