Thursday, June 18, 2009

One more day

I finally got everything I need for Africa!! All I have to do now is play Tetris and try to fit it all in :(. I'm really bad at Tetris so I'm not looking forward to this.
These clouds are for real!
I said one last goodbye to San Diego and the Port on
Wednesday. I heard it was supposed to rain that day, but God held the rain for me and gave me the most ridiculously painted sky. I was seriously watching the clouds the whole
time, (though I don't recommend driving and taking pictures). Anyways, I'm going to miss sunny cali but I'm looking forward to the amazing African sunset!

People keep asking me how I'm feeling about Africa. And my answer is always, "I'm not sure", "I feel normal?", "fine". I think its because I'm feeling so many different things that they all become one giant mush. I feel excited, hopeful, blessed, anxious, overwhelmed, nervous, and sometimes a little lost. I guess I'm feeling all of these because I really don't know what to expect. I'm just going to go in with an open mind and open heart and just see what God has planned for me.
I'm really going to miss my family and my friends and my dogs. I'm going to miss my grandma insisting on calling Shaggy "Shazzy" and Puffy "Hoppy". I'm going to miss late night chatting while snacking with my parents. I'm going to miss chocolate.
I'm not looking forward to the long flight. I've never even been off this continent before! AAH, but I'm prepared with tylenol PM and whatever (legal) drugs will do the trick. I'm at a loss for words right now. This blog is incoherent, and so is my mind right now. I just pray that God will fill me with His peace, love, and joy as I go onboard with this mission.

Thank you for all of your support, prayers, and love. I will carry your words of wisdom with me to Africa.

Love, Love, Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment